Dreamfall Chapters!

Gaming: Have fun playing games at the Nashkel Carnival! Chat about computer and/or video games with other carnival goers while you're here. Just watch out for muggers in the gambling tents.

Dreamfall Chapters!

Postby Kristin on Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:11 pm

Not sure where to start off! Honestly I liked the first half of the game but nearing the end it felt confusing and I just wanted to finish. lol

But it's probably only you and me Laura talking about this. xD

So I want to know... did you take Lihko or no? I'm taken to understand your answer could change the story? Anywho I chose to take Lihko. I'm really glad that I did. I liked him. His distaste for Kian was understandable. I, however, got super freaking annoyed by Ennu. Ugh. She talked too much for me. xD

Also I'm pissed we didn't get to see Ulvic again. I though I returned the tools but I must have been too late because he was arrested.
I hate the way you're not around
And the fact that you didn't call
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you
Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.

Spoiler:
Grazie bella. Now cessare essere di malumore e ritornare a pensare sono delizioso.
Everything you want is on the other side of fear - Jack Canfield
Kristin
Harlequeen
Harlequeen

Name: Kristin

Re: Dreamfall Chapters!

Postby Shadow on Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:40 pm

I can relate to that.

I'm okay with that. xD

That was such a tough choice! I had a hard time deciding but I ended up taking him. I'm glad I did too! I was iffy on him but after that I ended up liking him too! I looked a few things up after I finished and it changes the story a lot if you do or don't take him. Honestly I think we made the right choice though. If you don't the Azadi concentration camp is not liberated. Although if you leave him behind he dies and Shepherd lives.

We talked briefly about this in text and I know we both let him live but did you torture the Azadi captain?

I liked Ennu but she was on the annoying side. D:

Aw I'm sorry he was arrested in your game. /:
"I guess I'm under the weather,
since no one else belongs here with me"
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

Name: Laura

Postby Kristin on Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:00 pm

I liked him too! That convo he and Kian had in the airship.... Likho was gay as well as Kian right? Because I wanted them to be together. Though! This reminds me that Anna confused me. Like she came onto Kian. I chose to have Kian not kiss her. Later, there was a moment where Kian could kiss her so I took it and she pushed him away. I'm not sure what she wanted lol. But anyway back to Lihko. Okay, I'm still glad I took him. Sheperd was nice enough and I guess she was the reason Lihko didn't kill Kian.

Yes, I tortured the captain. Ennu was mad about it. It was funny cause Ennu was mad at me for torturing him but glad I let him live. Lihko liked I tortured him but mad I let him live haha. What did you pick?

Me too. I didn't mean for it to happen. He was so awesome and nice and helpful so I really didn't want to screw him over.

Spoiler:
Grazie bella. Now cessare essere di malumore e ritornare a pensare sono delizioso.
Kristin
Harlequeen
Harlequeen

Postby Shadow on Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:40 pm

Yes they were. I didn't realize about Kian until really late into the game though. I'd have been happy if they ended up together, after everything that happened it seemed natural. After the bad blood was forgiven and everything. Omg she confused me too! She's one of the reasons I didn't catch on that Kian was gay. But my theory on that after finishing the game is that she had unrequited love for him but she knew he was gay so that's why she behaved so oddly? Its still confusing though. I guess some people liked Shepherd more than Lihko? But I didn't feel a strong connection to Shepherd and by the end I really liked Lihko. And I would have felt awful if the Azadi concentration camp wasn't liberated because I didn't take him too.

I didn't torture him and I regret it. I mean either way someone is mad at you, Ennu or Lihko, but because I didn't Lihko didn't trust my information and the resistance was caught up in the raid on the magic ghetto.

Well for the sake of making you feel better let's just assume after the game ended he was released.. because I can't think of any reason that wouldn't have happened.

I know the game left a few questions unanswered and I'm okay with that, I don't expect every mystery to be explained. But I was disappointed that we never figured out what happened to Saga's mother. I kept thinking that they would have her come back or explain her disappearance by the end, but there was nothing.
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

Postby Kristin on Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:25 pm

I was late to that realization too. xD I figured it out for sure when going through the options to kiss Anna the second time. He said something like he couldn't really give her what she wanted but he could give her a kiss. I had an inkling earlier when he kinda evaded Ennu's pestering about him being into girls or guys. Yeah that's a good theory about Anna. But if she knew she shouldn't have tried to kiss him. Unless she wasn't sure and trying to kiss him was her trying to test out if he was gay or not? I would have loved to have known more about Anna. She seemed so mysterious. :P Same here about Lihko and Sheperd. Sheperd was nice and I appreciate what she did for Kian but I would have picked Lihko had I known. It's important to me that the concentration camp get liberated. *nod*

Ohh I didn't know that was an effect if you didn't torture him. :o

Yay! I like to think he was released okay.

Same. I would have liked to have known what happened to Saga's mother too! I didn't get what she was up to anyways.

Spoiler:
Kristin
Harlequeen
Harlequeen

Postby Shadow on Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:33 pm

That was a clue but it didn't quite get me there at that point. xD She was a very confusing girl. But I would have liked to have known more about her too! She was mysterious and they didn't explain much about her. Same here.

Yeah I wish I'd known, I would have done that differently. I have mixed feelings on leaving him alive but yeah..

From what I gathered Saga's mother left on some trip and never returned. She promised she'd always come back though. D:

Did your Zoe stay with Reza or did they break up?
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

Postby Kristin on Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:40 pm

They should have. She seemed interesting. :P

I really really debated killing him. Had there not been something in the dialogue about him possibly being able to help the resistance I definitely would have killed him, I think. But on the other hand I'm not sure I'd feel about Kian killing him. Idk.

Yeah I got that about Saga's mom but I wonder why she left and all that.

They stayed together. What choice changed that? Was it one in the apartment? I remember seeing some people on a forum talking about them breaking up. But I didn't know what caused it. I felt Reza was important for Zoe even if things were strained.

Spoiler:
Kristin
Harlequeen
Harlequeen

Postby Shadow on Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:45 pm

Yes leaving him alive was beneficial. He's just such a terrible person.. I should have at least tortured him. *sigh* I think my own real life morals got in the way. I'd never be able to kill another person for any reason. And torturing seemed wrong for the same reason. |:

I don't think they explained that either.. that mystery really bothered me. Was I alone in thinking they would explain it? Her promising to always come home to Saga had me thinking during each Saga part of the game that might be the time we saw her again but nothing.

In my game too. I think the end of Dreamfall: The Longest Journey had me a little iffy on Reza at first but I didn't stay thinking that and I thought it would be for the best for her to stay with him. Yeah its during that scene in the apartment although I felt like it was pretty easy to say the wrong thing and argue with him during the game.. what food did you get him at the beginning?
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

Postby Kristin on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:44 pm

Agreed! I know damned well I couldn't kill someone who was sitting there defenseless and begging. And I really didn't want to see Kian kill him. Though now I'm wondering how that would have played out. I'm sure there is a youtube video if I ever get the nerve up to look.

No I really thought they'd explain it too seeing as how it kept being mentioned that she left and all the pics of her and what not. I truly expected something more.

I'll be honest here and I was really confused about what they were arguing about lol. And it's most definitely because I quit after I had brought him his food. So I didn't really remember what had transpired. I should have looked up a recap or something. Reza was kinda weird to be honest. He seemed like one of those dudes that is passive aggressive and makes you out to look like the crazy one even though it's him. xD I got him what he wanted. And then he and Zoe had an argument about the damned food. It was bizarre. Btw are we to assume when she's pregnant at the end that Reza is the Dad?

Spoiler:
Kristin
Harlequeen
Harlequeen

Postby Shadow on Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:35 pm

Maybe they had planned on explaining it and then during production they changed their minds? That would explain why it was mentioned so much..

That was a confusing fight I think. I got him cheese soup and that was something they argued about. xD He does seem like that! I've read that even if you break up with Reza that shows at the end.. so I'm thinking they didn't show him on purpose so that if you stayed together you can assume it is him but if you didn't its someone else. So in our games its Reza.

What did you do about Na'ane?

When Falk Friedman shows up in your apartment with a gun did you dodge or distract?

Did you let Brian stay in Abnaxus' abode?
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

Postby Kristin on Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:46 pm

Exactly it was so dumb. Okay I guess that makes sense. And I'd be glad to know Reza and Zoe were able to work things out. <3

I didn't rat Na'ane out. I dodged the bullet. And I didn't let Brian stay because he seemed too eager. lol I need to read how it would have changed things for all of those decisions. Anywho what did you decide for all of those?

Spoiler:
Kristin
Harlequeen
Harlequeen

Postby Shadow on Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:30 pm

They were. :D I thought the scene at the end with her pregnant was cute.

I didn't either which was good because if you do she's not around to help Enu.

I wish I'd dodged since when you choose distract Falk dies and I felt bad.

I didn't let Brian stay either. For some reason if you do the townsmen burn the abode down later on.

By the way I didn't want to tell you while playing because I didn't want it to affect your decision but if you give Baruti the data he gets murdered..
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

Postby Kristin on Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:36 pm

It was definitely cute and tbh it was kinda unexpected.

Aww that would have been sad. Wold Enu have died? I thought I saw something about she would have died.

Okay so I read what happens if you distract him and yeah that does suck. Though then again he was hired by Helena soooo he may not be the best person, right? Then again he was saving Zoe.

I tried to look it up and seemingly there is no reasoning on why they burn down the abode if you pick to let his stay. *shrug*

Yeah I found that out after the fact that he gets murdered so I'm glad I didn't pick that.

Also I found this. It's interesting. https://tlj.fandom.com/wiki/Choices_in_ ... l_Chapters

One more thing xD If you scroll to the bottom if has the memories Zoe could have regretted and given the Yaga. Which of those did you have? I actually only had one.. and that was not intervening on behalf of Baruti. I remember hesitating and then it was too late. :l I'm not sure what I would have done anyway. I didn't want Baruti to get hurt further or Zoe. Anyway here is the link. https://tlj.fandom.com/wiki/Chapter_Ten:_Umbrae

Spoiler:
Kristin
Harlequeen
Harlequeen

Postby Shadow on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:29 pm

Yeah I wasn't expecting it either.

I think she would have died. I'm not 100% sure though.

That's a good point about him being hired by Helena. I just felt bad causing the death of someone and like you said he was saving Zoe.

That's odd. It didn't feel right letting him and after everything you find out later I'm really glad I didn't.

I almost told you. I feel like you would have been super sad if you'd done that. But this seemed like the kind of game thats more fun if you don't know what the consequences will be..

Oh that is interesting.

That was a hard choice! Reza was mad at me for intervening. I think its funny that buying sausages instead of cheese soup was on that list. But I actually only had one too, "Throwing the dreamer at Falk Friedman (and getting him killed)."
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

Postby Kristin on Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:50 pm

I checked and Enu would have died if we had gotten Na'ane killed.

Very true there.

Well I had already made up my mind to give it to the Eye. Finding out I made the decision I would have wanted later was just icing on the cake. *nod*

Oooh see I didn't know Reza would be mad.

Let me just say I had no idea we could flirt with Roman! I don't know how I missed that. I wish I could remember what the dialogue was so I could see that lol

Spoiler:
Kristin
Harlequeen
Harlequeen

Next

Return to Nashkel Carnival