Let's Play ~~ {games thread}

Gaming: Have fun playing games at the Nashkel Carnival! Chat about computer and/or video games with other carnival goers while you're here. Just watch out for muggers in the gambling tents.

Re: Let's Play ~~ {games thread}

Postby Shadow on Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:15 pm

karma. wrote:I bought episodes 2 - 5 of Life is Strange 2 because they're on sale half off until Wednesday. I haven't played them yet though. Maybe tomorrow. We will see.

Oh half off is awesome. :D You'll have to tell me what you think of it after you play. You played season 1 right? I haven't but I should..

I'm playing Solstice now. Since I ended up liking Cinders I decided to buy their other game..
"I guess I'm under the weather,
since no one else belongs here with me"
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

Name: Laura

Postby Kira on Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:13 am

Yep I played episode 1. I didn't stop because it wasn't good. It is! I just couldn't pay that much for the other episodes so I waited patiently for them to go on sale.

And there's actually more stuff on sale. I'm going to snag the Batman game since it's half off. Some other games are too. Not sure if I'll buy more than that though. Hm.

Those games have ool names! If you ever play anything you think I'd like let me know. :D I don't play a lot but still.
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Spoiler:
[17:54] K: I think you know as well as I do that I'm having a hard time with the friend thing.
[17:54] K: It's nearly impossible for me.
[17:55] C: Why?
[17:56] K: Because I simply can't let go.
[17:56] C: What do you mean?
[17:56] K: I'm still getting over what we lost. And it's really hard to be around you and try to be just friends.
Kira
Harlequeen
Harlequeen

Name: Kristin

Postby Shadow on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:36 pm

I can understand that. I usually wait for sales on games unless its something that I absolutely have to have.

Yeah I always consider if you'd like a game. These ones are not traditional games though. Very choose your own adventure. Did you ever read choose your own adventure books?
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

Postby Kira on Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:59 pm

Yeah same! Like that Sims 4 ep I paid full price for... :shift:

No, I haven’t but I’m addicted to Choices on my phone which I think is similar. Because they are stories where every so often you get to pick well a choice that influences the story.
Spoiler:
[17:54] K: I think you know as well as I do that I'm having a hard time with the friend thing.
[17:56] K: I'm still getting over what we lost. And it's really hard to be around you and try to be just friends.
Kira
Harlequeen
Harlequeen

Postby Shadow on Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:37 pm

Which one did you pay full price for?

I'm thinking you might like Cinders. Its not a very long game though. Its based off the Cinderella story but with its own take on things. Solstice wasn't bad but I don't think I can recommend it. I'd forgotten about Choices, you've mentioned it before, and I've wanted to try it.

I started playing Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York.
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

Postby Shadow on Tue May 11, 2021 10:29 pm

I don't know if I should be playing a game where you kill a cat. ):
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

Postby Kira on Mon May 17, 2021 6:01 pm

All of them? xD I was probably referring to the environmental like one that I can't remember of the name of. I played it a bit and it's just not my style of play.

Cinders sounds nice then! I really enjoyed that game with Beauty, Snow and the wolf and what not. I can't think of the name.

Oh no what game has you kill a cat? :O
Spoiler:
Kira
Harlequeen
Harlequeen

Postby Shadow on Sun May 23, 2021 6:30 pm

I paid full price for at least some of the Sims 3 ones, Sims 2 ones, and Sims 1 ones if it makes you feel any better.. ah I think I watched LGR's review of that, sounds familiar..

Oh that was A Wolf Among Us, I really liked that one too!

Downfall or also called Downfall: Redux. It is the sequel to The Cat Lady. What a disturbing series..
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

Postby Kira on Tue May 25, 2021 6:50 pm

Pretty sure I bought all of the Sims 2 regular price. I torrented most content I had for Sims 3. xD I haven't played Sims 4 in months though. I almost uninstalled it to be honest.

Oh yeah that's it! I enjoyed that game so much. :D

More disturbing than the Walking Dead games? You know, I've always said I didn't like horror/creepy stuff but lately that's what I've liked to watch and play.

As for me I finished Walking Dead: Season 2! After I played the ending 3 times. xD
Spoiler:
Kira
Harlequeen
Harlequeen

Postby Shadow on Thu May 27, 2021 11:34 pm

I can't remember if it was Sims 2 or Sims 3 that I often got $5 off a lot of the expansions. I still haven't really played much Sims 4. I stopped playing Sims 3 because it started running terribly after the last expansion I bought. /:

Me too. :D

Yes more disturbing. I think they are the most disturbing games I've ever played. I don't think I can recommend them either. You start the Cat Lady by the main character committing suicide..

Okay I think I do like horror and creepy stuff too though. xD I just sometimes have a hard time if things are too sad. The first Walking Dead game was definitely too sad but I can't go back and stop myself from playing it I guess.

I finished that last night too. :D Today I played the first episode of the Michonne one.
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

Postby Kira on Sat May 29, 2021 7:55 pm

Honestly, Sims 4 isn't nearly as good as Sims 3 or Sims 2 or maybe I just think that because it's not my thing anymore.

Wow that's dark and twisty. xD

Yeah it was really sad and the sad moments are hard but that's what makes them great. It's amazing a game can illicit that kind of response, you know?

Yay! Me too! I'm too tired to play Michonne tonight but I definitely will tomorrow. *nod*
Spoiler:
Kira
Harlequeen
Harlequeen

Postby Shadow on Mon May 31, 2021 11:00 pm

I really liked 3 and I know I'm being biased and its got to be also because I didn't play much 4 but 3 is my favorite. Saying that I'd love to play 1 again for nostalgia though. I probably wouldn't play it for long but I still want to.

Super dark! There are a lot of dark and disturbing scenes. I didn't think a game could be so disturbing. I didn't like the Cat Lady at first but it weirdly grew on me by the time I finished it. Then I even bought and played the sequel.. and now I'm wanting to play the last part of the series. I might be off in the head? xD

I guess you are right. I hadn't thought of it like that. Kinda makes me feel bad for telling people not to play games like Walking Dead or What Remains of Edith Finch because of sad moments. Although there is one part in What Remains of Edith Finch that was heartbreaking more than the rest of the game and I specifically thought you and my sister should both not play it because of that part..

I just finished it! Maybe tomorrow I can start season 3..
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

Postby Kira on Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:14 pm

3 is probably my favorite too. I modded the crap out of the game and I enjoyed making content and being a part of the simblr community too. But I super enjoyed Sims 2 also. I tried to play Sims 1 not long ago and I just couldn't get into it. I also couldn't get into Sims 2 either. I guess the spark is gone somehow.

Haha no I don't think you are! Sometimes stuff like that is liking watching a trainwreck... it's so bad but you can't look away. xD

Aww but see now you've mad me really curious about it. xD Walking Dead is super sad at parts but I've had so much fun playing it.

Did you start season 3? I'm playing Portal 2. Well I was. I've been working a lot lately so I haven't had time to do anything but work, eat and sleep. I do hope to play a bit on my next day off though (which is Tuesday).
Spoiler:
Kira
Harlequeen
Harlequeen

Postby Shadow on Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:23 am

I only had some modded content. I've never been one to have many mods on my games. I liked Sims 2 at the time but now I'd say Sims 3 is so much better I don't know if I'd enjoy 2 much? Do you still have Sims 1 or did you get it online? I might have that problem too I wouldn't know. I just know I want to play it and find out. xD

Omg it is like watching a train wreck! Well I'm trying to wait for that last game in the series to go on sale before I buy it.. then I can see the end of the train wreck.

Sorry. xD Yeah me too. It's got a great story, especially season 1.

I just started it tonight! Okay I'm gonna install Portal 2 before I go to bed tonight so I can figure out where I am in it.. I haven't had enough time either. James has been wanting to play Minecraft so that isn't helping me have time to play other games.. sometimes I like to play games by myself too.
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

Postby Shadow on Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:47 pm

So the last game in the Devil Came Through Here trilogy went on sale today so I can see how the train wreck ends now. xD

Edit: I'm loving this train wreck game's menu song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Aea2UZtJY
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

PreviousNext

Return to Nashkel Carnival