Kristin's Marvel-ous Adventure

TV/Movies: Enter the city of Baldur's Gate, the bustling center of culture, entertainment and lore! Whether it be the latest, most popular or your own favorites, the talk in here is all about movies and television shows.

Kristin's Marvel-ous Adventure

Postby Kira on Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:00 am

After watching Black Widow in theaters recently and enjoying it I thought I'd watch all the Marvel movies (yes even though there are 24, soon to be 25). Technically, I had already seen two of them (Black Widow and Spider Man: Far From Home) before starting. As of right now I don't have any plans to watch the Tv shows though I may do that. I'm watching them in chronological order as opposed to release order because most lists recommend you watch in chronological order if you can.

Captain America: The First Avenger
Spoiler:
Rating: 6/10
What I thought: Chris Evans is hot. *ahem* Now that I have got that out the way... The story is interesting but to me it was a bit messy. I didn't quite catch why the villian did what he did or wanted what he wanted. The movie was pretty though cinematically. I enjoyed Peggy and Steve's relationship and Tommy Lee Jones was cool as Chester. I just felt a little lost.

Captain Marvel
Spoiler:
Rating: 7/10
What I thought: I loved all the sci-fi future stuff at the start. Woo hoo! But then we landed on Earth lol and I was sad. It got slow and boring to me there. But when it picked back up it got good! Loved the silly bits with Goose and Fury. I felt Carol was a little slow to like. Luckily, I felt everyone else made her character seem easier to like. It was fun though. I enjoyed the final battle.

Iron Man
Spoiler:
Rating: 9/10
What I thought: So good! This one kept my interest all the way through unlike the other 2 movies previous. Stark was interesting. Pepper was cool. This movie had it all really: action, humor, a dash of romance. The only thing I'll say about this one was the start of the plot was a little unbelievable to me. I mean come on he was gone for 3 months? And also how did he make that suit without those dudes knowing he wasn't making the Jericho missile thingy for them? Please. Other than that it was stellar.

Iron Man 2
Spoiler:
Rating: 9/10
What I thought: Even better than the last one, honestly. It had everything from the last Iron Man movie. And to me the plot made more sense. A little lost as to why Tony let James take the Iron Man suit. Maybe because he thought he was dying? Idk. I love everything about this one. I hope we see even more of Natalie and Fury soon though.

The Incredible Hulk
Spoiler:
Rating: 8/10
What I thought: So I've read that this Marvel movie is the red headed step child of the Marvel movies. So I wasn't expecting much. But honestly? I really enjoyed this one! I know I've only seen 6 others so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. I thought the plot was good and the action. I quite enjoyed Bruce's character. Betty was annoying but I think it was only Liv Tyler's acting. Had Betty been someone else I would have liked her more. Still this was a solidly good movie to me and I actually finished it in one sitting. I never do that lol.

Thor
Spoiler:
Rating: 8/10
What I thought: Solidly great! Thor is hot. Good God. Anyway, good story and I enjoyed Thor and Loki as the villain. I even liked Jane and the scientist dude. Plot wise I can't remember anything bad with this one. It made sense and was easier to follow. Asgard was beautiful. This movie was so pretty.

The Avengers
Spoiler:
Rating: 10/10
What I thought: Yes, that's right a 10 out of 10. I saw on the end credits that Joss Whedon directed (perhaps produced) and did the storyline for this one. I'm not surprised. I LOVED seeing a whole bunch of the heroes together. It was fantastic. Lots of action and some really good funny bits.

Thor: Dark World
Iron Man 3
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War
Black Widow
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Doctor Strange
Black Panther
Thor: Ragnarok
Avengers: Infinity War
Ant-Man and The Wasp
Avengers: Endgame
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Burn me at the stake you thought I was a witch.
Centuries ago... Now you just call me a bitch
Spoiler:
[17:54] K: I think you know as well as I do that I'm having a hard time with the friend thing.
[17:54] K: It's nearly impossible for me.
[17:55] C: Why?
[17:56] K: Because I simply can't let go.
[17:56] C: What do you mean?
[17:56] K: I'm still getting over what we lost. And it's really hard to be around you and try to be just friends.

Kira
notte bellissima
notte bellissima

Name: Kristin

Re: Kristin's Marvel-ous Adventure

Postby Kira on Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:35 pm

I'm like 2/3 through Iron Man 2. I really want to finish it but I always have to sleep. xD
Spoiler:
[17:54] K: I think you know as well as I do that I'm having a hard time with the friend thing.
[17:56] K: I'm still getting over what we lost. And it's really hard to be around you and try to be just friends.

Kira
notte bellissima
notte bellissima

Postby Kira on Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:19 pm

And I finally finished Iron Man 2! The Incredible Hulk is next, however, it's not on Disney+ so I'll have to decide what platform I want to rent it from.
Spoiler:

Kira
notte bellissima
notte bellissima

Postby Kira on Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:11 pm

I watched The Incredible Hulk tonight and updated the list! I ended up renting it from Amazon Prime Video. Now I'm 1/4 through the list. Yay!! :gig:
Spoiler:

Kira
notte bellissima
notte bellissima

Postby Kira on Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:35 pm

I had to do a little updating as I was behind. :ton: I watched Thor on my birthday. And I watched The Avengers on Thursday.I feel like the movies are just getting better and better. :D

I added Shang-Chi to the list. I know it's in theaters now and I could easily see it but I don't want to mess up what I have going here. So I'll watch it when I get to it. The list I am using put it after Spider-Man: Far From Home. I'm going to go with that.

Up to 7 out of 25!

Also, random thought... but I might skip Black Widow and Spider-Man: Far From Home since I've technically seen them. I'm really REALLY considering not watching Black Widow because I saw it a couple months ago.
Spoiler:

Kira
notte bellissima
notte bellissima

Return to Baldur's Gate City