The Walking Dead: Final Season

Gaming: Have fun playing games at the Nashkel Carnival! Chat about computer and/or video games with other carnival goers while you're here. Just watch out for muggers in the gambling tents.

The Walking Dead: Final Season

Postby Kira on Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:34 pm

Done Running
Spoiler:
How did you enter the ticket booth?
56% of players killed the walker couple in the train station.
Did we not learn anything from Clem going through a window like that? And besides, I think it was selfish the couple wanted to be left alone knowing they'd turn.

Who did you decide to go with?
47% of players went hunting with Louis and Aasim.
I initially liked Louis. It was a breath of fresh air to come across someone who wasn't jaded yet.

Where did AJ sleep?
71% of players convinced AJ to sleep on the bed.
He needed a bed and I'm his Mama... I mean Clem. xD

Did you attack Abel?
78% of players attacked Abel.
Dude, I found it. It's mine after all that work.

Who did you turn to for help?
61% of players appealed to Violet.
Okay so I didn't think Louis would take my side over his best friend's plus Violet is a girl so yeah.

Suffer the Children
Spoiler:
Did you let AJ keep his gun?
64% of players told AJ to keep his gun.
Little guy has to be able to defend himself. If an option had been for Clem to keep the gun (and not Louis) I may have done that. I didn't feel like Louis had any right to keep his gun.

Did you tell Violet to shoot?
50% of players told Louis and Violet to run from Lilly and Abel.
I wasn't sure shooting was a good idea. I didn't want them to get hurt so I told them to run. (Violet thanked me later.)

Did you honor James' request?
93% of players spared the walker, honoring James' request.
Sure why not?

Who did you spend time with?
43% of players helped Louis tune the piano.
I stopped, paused the game and thought about this one a while. I liked both characters but I ultimately chose Louis because I felt like Clem needed someone opposite of her in her life. And because Louis liked AJ so much.

Who did you save?
47% of players rescued Louis instead of Violet.
Obviously since I chose to spend time with Louis I was thinking to save him. He also felt less likely to come out with a good outcome because he's a goofball. But I did cheat and look at what happens. What happens to Louis is far worse than what Violet endures imo. Easy choice for me.

Broken Toys
Spoiler:
Did you let Abel turn?
89% of players mercy killed Abel.
I'd want the same for myself.

Did you spare the walkers in James' camp?
3% of players ignored James' wishes and killed all of the walkers in the camp.
I tried SO hard to not kill them or at least all of them but I couldn't do it and gave up. D: (But James is freaking weird and creeped me out)

What did you name Willy's bomb?
17% of players named the bomb "Willy Junior".
It's Willy's bomb so why not.

Did Dorian cut off your friend's finger?
86% of players allowed AJ to attack Dorian, stopping her from cutting off your friend's finger.
I don't like AJ being violent but this was warranted.

Did you allow AJ to kill Lilly?
47% of players refused to tell AJ to kill Lilly.
I didn't want AJ to be a killer. It sucks James died in the process though. :/ (Plus apparently (I found out later) AJ goes all tantrum-y if you let him kill Lilly.

Take Us Back
Spoiler:
Did you trust AJ to make his own decisions?
64% of players trusted AJ to make his own decisions.
I have serious misgivings about a child that small making their own decisions but a) it's a zombie apocalypse and I guess you have to grow up fast and b) I felt he needed that validation. But (and I'm saying this part now that I'm posting this topic) I hated this choice so damned much. Every fiber in my being wanted to say no but I knew it'd screw up AJ in the game if I didn't say yes.

What did you want to add to you and Louis' imaginary house? (Louis route)
41% of players decided to add a skylight to Louis' imaginary house.
It felt fitting for it to be a skylight.

What did you ask AJ?
77% of players asked AJ to kill you rather than let you become a walker.
That's what I would want. I had a feeling because they made a todo about them having the "if I get bit" convo earlier that this would happen and she wouldn't die anyway.

How did you deal with Tenn? (Tenn is a walker)
60% of players shot Tenn after he became a walker.
Dude, I had to save Louis. I saw where Tenn can live but I'm assuming if he lives then that mean Louis or Violet dies?

Character Relationships
Spoiler:
You left Louis feeling LOVED.
- Louis was astonished when you confessed you had feelings for him.
- He was wracked by guilt when the raiders captured Violet.
- Louis was calmed when you were sympathetic to his story about how he was sent to Ericson. (Hoo boy that was quite the story though!)
- Tenn's death has left him feeling devestated. (Oops? I mean I thought the kid had to die my bad)

Tenn DEAD
- Tenn was happy you let him draw you in his picture of the afterlife.
- He was bitter when you called Marlon a coward. (He was though.)
- Tenn felt hopeful after sharing his belief that the "walker age" will end someday.

You left Violet feeling SHAKEN
- Violet was disappointed that you chose to spend time with Louis instead of her.
- She fell into a rage after her capture. (The girl is nuts obviously lol)
- She was grief-stricken about Tenn. (But she seemed fine with Clem at the end?)

You left Lilly feeling REGRETFUL.
- Lilly thought she might have been able to sway you to her cause. (Yeah okay not happening ma'am. xD)
- She realized AJ's potential as a soldier almost immediately. (Not happening either. But I felt kinda sorry for Lilly honestly.)

James DEAD
- James felt elated when you said there might be more to walkers. (I lied. I think he's coo coo for cocoa puffs.)
- James was relieved when you said you wouldn't let AJ become a killer. (And I didn't. :D)

Ending thoughts
Spoiler:
I'm not going to go through all the things I taught AJ but I feel like I did the best by him that I could. It was awful trying to make sure AJ was a good person. It was so hard. And I replayed the start of episode 2 a few times because I didn't know what to tell AJ about killing Marlon. I do feel that it was murder but when I told him that he shut down and I felt awful. So I told him he was justified. That didn't feel right either. Ugh. I don't know. That was hard. This whole trying to make sure AJ was good was exhausting.

Also I didn't like the ending. It made me feel sad. Idk. Apparently Clem's adventures are going to continue in a book by Skybound. It's available for pre-order. I'm going to get it eventually. xD
Burn me at the stake you thought I was a witch.
Centuries ago... Now you just call me a bitch
Spoiler:
[17:54] K: I think you know as well as I do that I'm having a hard time with the friend thing.
[17:54] K: It's nearly impossible for me.
[17:55] C: Why?
[17:56] K: Because I simply can't let go.
[17:56] C: What do you mean?
[17:56] K: I'm still getting over what we lost. And it's really hard to be around you and try to be just friends.

Kira
notte bellissima
notte bellissima

Name: Kristin

Re: The Walking Dead: Final Season

Postby Shadow on Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:41 pm

Done Running
Spoiler:
How did you enter the ticket booth?
56% of players killed the walker couple in the train station.
I also remembered how it went poorly when Clem did it in season 2! I wanted to put the couple out of their misery despite their wishes but I was worried that wasn't right of me later on when we talk with James about the walkers and all that.

Who did you decide to go with?
47% of players went hunting with Louis and Aasim.
I liked Louis too and it sounded more interesting than fishing. Since my playthrough ended up being very Violet oriented though I kinda wished I had gone with her instead though..

Where did AJ sleep?
29% of players let AJ sleep under the bed.
This one was hard but he seemed to really want to sleep under the bed. |: When I play again I'll probably convince him to sleep on the bed though..

Did you attack Abel?
78% of players attacked Abel.
He deserved it. I had hoped he had died after that but no..

Who did you turn to for help?
61% of players appealed to Violet.
I thought I had a better shot at her sticking up for me.

Suffer The Children
Spoiler:
Did you let AJ keep his gun?
64% of players told AJ to keep his gun.
I didn't feel like it was Louis' place to take it from him.

Did you tell Violet to shoot?
50% of players told Louis and Violet to run from Lilly and Abel.
I wanted to keep them safe. Really interesting this is a 50/50 choice though!

Did you honor James' request?
93% of players spared the walker, honoring James' request.
Seemed like the right thing to do.

Who did you spend time with?
57% of players spent time stargazing with Violet.
I don't know why I went with her over Louis, in my next playthrough I will go with him instead. It was a cute scene though.

Who did you save?
53% of players rescued Violet instead of Louis.
Because I went stargazing with her I thought I'd save her too. But I will never make this choice again. D:

Broken Toys
Spoiler:
Did you let Abel turn?
89% of players mercy killed Abel.
Even though he sucked it still felt like the right thing to do. Its what I would want too.

Did you spare the walkers in James' camp?
49% of players respected James' beliefs and killed no walkers.
This was hard! (I kinda liked James.. he is weird and creepy though. xD)

What did you name Willy's bomb?
61% of players named the bomb "Mitch's Masterpiece".
I thought Willy would be happy if we named it in Mitch's memory.

Did Dorian cut off your friend's finger?
86% of players allowed AJ to attack Dorian, stopping her from cutting off your friend's finger.
I think this was the right choice.

Did you allow AJ to kill Lilly?
47% of players refused to tell AJ to kill Lilly.
This choice and the not saving Louis are my biggest choice regrets. I was trying to spare AJ more violence and killing but I realized by the end that its just kinda unavoidable and Lilly needs to die and also I was so sad when this choice also had the consequence of James dying. I wouldn't do it this way again.

Take Us Back
Spoiler:
Did you trust AJ to make his own decisions?
64% of players trusted AJ to make his own decisions.
This was a hard one.

What did you rename the school to? (Violet route)
64% of players let Violet rename the school herself.
She tried to name the school Texas but Clem was like, you can't just name it Texas there is already a Texas so she named it Texas 2. xD My second choice would have been "Castle Violet" though I quite liked that one. It was funny them referring to the school as Texas 2 after that.

What did you ask AJ?
77% of players asked AJ to kill you rather than let you become a walker.
I'm sure this is what Clem wanted.

How did you deal with Tenn? (Tenn is a walker)
60% of players shot Tenn after he became a walker.
I didn't want to leave him like that. /: Yeah apparently it has to do with the letting AJ make his own decisions part. If you don't let him make his own decisions he doesn't shoot Tenn and Violet or Louis dies instead. I have mixed feelings on that. It sucks because Tenn is so young and I was fond of him but also he keeps making bad decisions which are getting other people killed. In the apocalypse you can't do that and he didn't learn from the first time it happened either.

Character Relationships
Spoiler:
You left Violet feeling Vulnerable
Violet was touched when you described her as a close friend.
She felt vengeful after she watched the raiders take Louis.
Violet felt understood after you expressed sympathy about her reason for coming to Ericson.
She was grief-stricken about Tenn.

Tenn Dead
Tenn was happy you let him draw you in his picture of the afterlife.
He was bitter when you called Marlon a coward.
Tenn felt hopeful after sharing his belief that the "walker age" will end someday.

You left Louis feeling Shaken
Louis felt discouraged when you chose to spend time with Violet instead of him.
He was traumatized after his capture.
Tenn's death has left him feeling devastated.

You left Lilly feeling Regretful
Lilly thought she might have been able to sway you to her cause.
She realized AJ's potential as a soldier almost immediately.

James Dead
James was thankful that you respected his beliefs and spared the walkers.
James felt elated when you said there might be more to walkers.
James was relieved when you said you wouldn't let AJ become a killer.

Ending thoughts
Spoiler:
Yeah I agree on the AJ points. I did my best by him but I don't know if I made the right choices, I tried. And I won't share all the things I taught him either but one of mine was, "If your grandma is dying, stop watching cartoons." I didn't know what to tell him about Marlon either! When AJ shot him I googled it to make sure I hadn't screwed things up, he was like, "you told me to shoot them in the head." and I was like omg.

The ending was sad. But I really thought Clem had died when they ended that scene with her and AJ in the barn! When we saw her again at the very end I immediately thought it was like when Clem sometimes sees Lee and didn't think maybe she survived afterall. I definitely think the best game in the series is still the first one..
"So what do I do with this?
This sudden burst of sunlight
And me with my umbrella"
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

Name: Laura

Postby Kira on Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:34 pm

Broken Toys
Spoiler:
Omg how did you kill no walkers? Honestly, I think my problem though was that I couldn't figure out the path to get to the camp until after I killed them all. I really wanted to spare them though.

I read that if you let him shoot Lilly that James is so upset with you that he won't talk to you anymore. There's really no good ending to me with that choice. :l

Take Us Back
Spoiler:
What you said about the whole Tenn situation is spot on. Also what happened to Tenn's head? Did they ever say and I missed it? But okay glad I let AJ make his own decisions because I damn sure wouldn't want Louis or Violet dead.

Ending thoughts
Spoiler:
Omg that's hilarious to stop watching cartoons. Like poor AJ knows what watching cartoons is. I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one who struggled with the Marlon thing. I felt like none of the options are what I would have said. It was murder dammit... you can't just kill someone who isn't trying to kill you. I feel like Marlon should have been punished for what he did but I don't condone murder even if it is the zombie apocalypse.

Oh I would have hated them had that been the ending like where she sees Lee. xD Poor Clem though losing her leg. DDDD:
Spoiler:
[17:54] K: I think you know as well as I do that I'm having a hard time with the friend thing.
[17:56] K: I'm still getting over what we lost. And it's really hard to be around you and try to be just friends.

Kira
notte bellissima
notte bellissima

Postby Shadow on Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:17 pm

Broken Toys
Spoiler:
I honestly don't know. xD I'm pretty sure I died trying to do it though. Oh I had similar problems in other parts of the game!

Well that's no good either. D: Damn James.

Take Us Back
Spoiler:
If they explained it I missed it. I don't think they told us. I wish they had because I'm curious though. o: Yeah I guess I'm glad too even though it was sad.

Ending thoughts
Spoiler:
He learned that listening to Violet's reason for coming to Ericson but I'm sure he doesn't know what cartoons are! xD I really felt like I failed AJ when he killed Marlon. And I actually went online and made sure there wasn't something I could have done to prevent it. I thought maybe it was because I told him to shoot them in the head.. Yeah there should have been a better way to deal with what Marlon did. /:

That's really what I thought was happening though! The game really tricked me I was so convinced she was dead. I needed a lot of tissues. xD Omg I know! Its no help trying to get by in the Walking Dead world without your leg too. /:
"So what do I do with this?
This sudden burst of sunlight
And me with my umbrella"
Shadow
Painted Black
Painted Black

Name: Laura

Postby Kira on Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:50 pm

Broken Toys
Spoiler:
Oh yes I died many times and gave up. I think I could have gotten through only killing a few but I got exasperated and gave up so I could advance.

Like I said, James is weird. xD

Take Us Back
Spoiler:
Good to know I didn't miss it though!

Ending Thoughts
Spoiler:
Ooh okay! Yeah I hated the whole him shooting Marlon thing. I went over that scene a few times.

You know it's really weird I wasn't even upset about the ending like that. I didn't cry but I felt profoundly sad that that was the ending. I felt like it deserved more of an ending than that.
Spoiler:

Kira
notte bellissima
notte bellissima

Return to Nashkel Carnival